Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc. (CIL) is the world’s premier producer of stable isotope labeled compounds and a world leader in the field of stable isotope separations. For more than 30 years, CIL has specialized in the development, production, and marketing of stable isotopes and chemical compounds labeled with stable isotopes.
MARKETING & SALES INTERN
Now through Spring Semester 2014; 10 – 16 hours/week
Exciting opportunity to learn marketing, sales and product management from within an industry leading chemical products company. This role provides critical program support, making a significant contribution to our overall sales success.
As our Sales & Marketing intern, you will:
• use information obtained through sales conferences, customer events, etc. to update our customer management database: enter new customers, update existing customer information, apply proper coding to ensure customer information is pulled into the appropriate reports, mailing lists, etc.
• conduct research on new leads using web search tools such as Google, LinkedIn and other sources to qualify or screen out leads
• assist in identifying new leads using web search to identify potential customers (universities, lab’s, pharma, etc.)
• provide assistance as needed with other activities in support of sales, product management and marketing
What you bring to the table:
• You are a Marketing or Business major OR you a pursuing a Science degree and interested in working on the business side of the sciences
• You have amazing attention to detail, understanding the criticality of accurate research and data entry
• You have experience with MS Office, data entry or database experience (i.e., you’re a wiz on a computer keyboard)
• You have experience with web research through school projects or work experience
• You’re a resourceful self-starter who demonstrates great energy, ideas and an eagerness to learn
• You are a team player, flexible and an all-around pleasure to work with.
• You want to be in sales, marketing or the sciences long term and have a desire to gain practical knowledge within a successful, global products business
What we provide:
• Compensation in line with your school’s internship/coop program
• Real-world training and exposure to product management, marketing and sales
• Training in our customer database (Navision) and other necessary on-the-job training
• A great team and work environment
• And, if you are successful in the role, potential for summer employment and beyond…
ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNT COORDINATOR
The Environmental Account Coordinator at CIL offers an excellent opportunity to use your scientific knowledge and provide outstanding customer service. As a member of our Environmental Contaminant Standards team, you will be responsible for receiving and processing orders, developing price quotations, responding to technical inquiries and assisting our environmental sales representatives and Product Manager. For more information about this business unit at CIL, please click here.
CIL is very customer focused and we are looking for candidates who are, too. Specific requirements for this position:
• A BS in science, preferably Chemistry, along with 2+ years relevant experience. Experience in Environmental Sciences or Environmental Analytical Chemistry strongly preferred.
• Customer service or sales experience, preferably in scientific/chemical environment preferred. PC and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail and strong follow-through skills
• Commitment to fulfilling customer needs
CIL offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including generous health, dental, 401k and sabbatical program.
CIL is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.